This is a ripper. Such a tasty recipe that was made off the top of the brain. Sometimes those are the best meals to eat because they… just come to you!
I’ve always been a big fan of chicken with Mediterranean spices, herbs and other such ingredients because the flavours themselves just pop in your mouth. When you sit and chew you’re taken on a journey of numerous flavours as they run into one another.
You may be sitting there thinking to yourself, “Sean has lost his mind.
“Well, make this meal and you’ll see what I’m on about!
Let’s get you started with this one.
-1 chicken breast (slice into 2 pieces)
-1 cup spinach
-1/2 cup of sun-dried tomato
-Sprinkle of mixed herbs
– Heat oven to 180 Degrees
– Grab your 2 pieces of chicken and slice through the middle to make an opening so it can be easily stuffed.
– Place chicken breast on a tray lined with baking paper and cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the centre of the chicken is cooked.
– Heat a pan on medium heat.
– Remove chicken from oven and stuff with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach.
– You may want to put a wooden skewer through each chicken breast just to ensure is stays closed together while it’s on the pan.
– Sprinkle chicken with some mixed herbs and place coconut in the hot pan.
– Add chicken to the hot pan and cook for a few minutes till chicken has started to go brown and the stuffed ingredients have gone warm.
(If you’re having trouble turning the chicken with the skewers through the middle, don’t worry! If you’re stuffing is falling out it can easily be put back in once it has been taken off the heat.)
P.S if you don’t like sun-dried tomatoes or spinach there is many things you can replace them with, like Feta and Bacon or a lemon and basil Couscous. You can even take it a step further and wrap the chicken in bacon. Get Creative! ☺
P.P.S – Huge shout out to Chloe (@chloesfitnessjourney) for her help with this bad boy. You’re so inspiring and amazing. Great to have you on the team!