I’m a real fan of easy meals. Well, thats not entirely true.
I’m a fan of easy meals when I’m cooking them and don’t really mind how complex they are when others are cooking. I think my wife can back me up on that one. The easiest and the hardest meals to prepare are all based on what you feel ‘hard’ is when putting your culinary skills to work.
Personally, I love 3 ingredients with a lot of spices. I asked one of my star students (@chloejadefitness) to put together another nail biter of a meal to share with you all. I wanted something with a little zing and a heap of flavour.
Again, she has delivered.
Lemon and Herb Chicken with Garlic Green Beans
350g Green Beans
1tsp olive oil
3 cloves minces garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Add the green beans to boiling water and boil until tender, about 2 minutes.
2. Drain the green beans
3. Heat a large skillet and sauté garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper
4. Add green beans and stir for a few minutes or till all ingredients are well mixed together
Lemon and Herb chicken Breast
1 x chicken breast sliced into 3 slices
Squeeze of fresh lemon 1 tsp olive oil
Tsp mixed herbs
Sprinkle of pepper
1. Cut lemon in half, and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon on chicken
2. Sprinkle the tsp of mixed herbs onto the chicken
3. Let sit while you heat oil in a small skillet over medium low heat.
4. When oil is hot, put chicken in skillet. As you sauté chicken, add juice from other 1/2 lemon,
pepper to taste, and oregano.
5. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes each side, or till cooked all the way through.
6. Then serve!